A safe and happy baby has to be well fed. As long as you have the best baby bib, you don’t have to worry about food spilling over. The most important thing is, you are giving your child the most nutritious food there is. Here are top 10 food that you can give your baby while they are growing up.
- Oatmeal—Full of calcium, zinc, iron and B complex vitamins, oatmeal is the best that you can give your child for a quick source of energy. This will not only fill your child with carbohydrates but with fibers as well.
- Eggs—For a good dose of protein, you can’t go wrong with old fashioned eggs. It’s complete with other nutrients like calcium and Vitamin E and B complex.
- Nuts—Peanut butter along with bread is the best thing that can happen for breakfast. Kids love the creamy taste of nuts and they need the protein too.
- Yogurt—If you want the infusion of milk to be a notch higher, give your child yogurt. Not only does it have all the nutrients of milk, it has good bacteria too.
- Melons—This fruit provides beta-carotene, vitamin C, B vitamins and bits of calcium. You won’t have a hard time looking for melons especially when they are in season.
- Broccoli—You might have a hard time giving this to kids but you have to. This is the best vegetable that you can give you child as it is rich in potassium and beta-carotene and other vitamins.
- Sweet potatoes—If you want to give you kid beta-carotene, fibers, carbohydrates and a host of other vitamins in just one food, you can’t go wrong with sweet potatoes.
- Protein—Your kids need protein in order to sustain their growth. Good source of protein is legumes and meat. If you want to give it free from fats, you go for legumes. But you have to remember that fats are important too so meat is also a good idea from time to time.
- Whole grain—Whole grain does not only give carbohydrates which are a good source of energy, it is also a good source of fibers. Give you child some brown rice and whole wheat bread because these are better than their white counterpart.
- Orange Juice—To flush it all down, you can’t go wrong with orange juice. It is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and zinc. For re-hydration, the water content of juice takes care of that. The good news is, orange juice is easy to find. You can go for the completely organic or otherwise, but orange is readily available and you don’t have to sweat it out.
If you give these foods to your kids, you can be sure they will be healthy. Along with proper play time, nutritious foods are the best that you can give your kids. Share us your thoughts in the comment section below.